Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Shut the front door!




This was the front door when we moved in. Eventually Id like to see it replaced with something with a window, but for now a quick fix. I have a real aversion to Burgandy! Maybe because it was my school uniform color? who knows? Its just not in my color wheel house.



Because having the walls skim coated throughout the entire house took about a week, my projects had come to a stand still. (read about walls HERE)  It was time to breathe new life into the front door. I chose Sherwin Williams (SW) Naval pictured below.




I framed the door with (BM) White dove, my go to white, its bright and creamy!



I changed out the hardware, added a door mat and voila! I love the contrast of the white trim and I liked the way the navy complimented my brick work so much I used it on my upper shutters too!



I love this little sign. I found it at The Black Goose Design years ago. I use through most seasons. It looks great against the navy blue and sums up how I want my guests to feel.



No comments:

Post a Comment