Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Apple Crisp

Its September and suddenly I cant wait to bring on FALL! I love the fall the changing of the leaves, wearing scarves and hats and how everything is pumpkin flavored! There is definitely a crispness in the air and that only makes me feel like baking comfort foods and cozying up with my family.

My Daughter's favorite dessert of all time is apple crisp.
 She told me that she can't even remember how it tastes because it's been soooo long since I last made it! We did make it a LOT last year while we lived with my in-laws, they have an apple tree that was full of apples last year.
So here is my step by step version. A printable version is available HERE



 For this crisp I used a 9x9 pan so I did 6 apples If you do a 9x13 use 8 apples and even double the crisp!
 I always use Granny Smith because I like the contrast of the tart with all of the sweetness of the crisp.


       

Peel and slice 6-8 apples

Mix 1/3 C Sugar 1 tsp Cinnamon 1/2 tsp Salt









Pour over apples and toss until each slice is coated, then transfer to greased baking pan





In a separate bowl combine
 1/2 C Self Raising Flour
 1/2 C Butter
and work it with your fingers until it becomes mealy and resembles Parmesan cheese.







Then add 1/2 C Brown Sugar and 1/2 C Quick Oats.
Mix together and spread over apples.







 Look at that mountain of deliciousness!




Place the crisp on a baking sheet  just in case any crumble bubbles and over flows.
Bake at 350F for 35 mins

                                 








While its baking your house will smell amazing!




When its done serve with your favorite Vanilla ice cream, and savor the first tastes of fall!





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment