Sunday, July 19, 2015

Home Sweet Home

Lets start by talking about HOME.
"Home is where the heart is"... "The best journeys bring you Home"
"Home is where your story begins"... "Home is not a place its a feeling"
"There's no place like home"
Maybe Dorothy said it best? There is no place like home. Your Home. 
 What does HOME mean to you?
I have two homes.
I feel very much at home when I visit my hometown of Perth Australia. Its on the west coast and its simply beautiful! Its about a 22 hour flight from my current location in Salt Lake City. My entire family live there so we love to visit whenever we can. Its hard to describe the feeling of "going home."
 When that plane touches down, knowing I'm only moments away from passing my Mum her grand kids, and taking a deep breath of warm eucalyptus filled air.
Ahhh I'm Home!
Cottelsoe. My Favorite Beach. Photo Courtesy of Sarah McAllister
After living is SLC for about 10 years our family had the opportunity to trade the mountains for the ocean and  live in Australia for a couple of years and be close to grandparents, cousins and dear friends, So that's my home.We loved our time there but decided to come back to Utah and now we call it HOME.


Home can be multiple places, but ultimately, Home to me, is wherever my Family are.
Home is safety, acceptance, love, comfort, joy and peace.
This is why "There's no place like home."























No comments:

Post a Comment