Sunday, July 19, 2015

House Hunting

After returning to the US we needed to find a house. We only had a few must haves on our list

  • A 3 car garage
  • Close to a good school 
  • Enough room to host guests. 
Not asking too much right? Well after seeing a ton of homes, and exhausting our amazing realtor, we found a place to call home! 
The House was only 8 years old but it had been well loved by a large family and  needed some fixing up.
I think anytime you move in to a new place changes are necessary to
 "make it yours."
I didn't want to live in their house I wanted to live in my home, a place that felt like me, and suited our needs. 
I am really lucky that my husband is super handy and talented when it comes to tackling a house project. If i can design it he can usually execute it!
I love that together we could see the potential in this house and could see  what we wanted it to be. 
When buying an existing home, you don't get everything you want so i feel like  if you can get 80% of what you need then that a win!
 The house had amazing space. Huge closets, massive pantry, generous room sizes and storage it just seemed to lack character.
So we are still developing its personality, and conquering one space at a time.
We made some simple aesthetic changes and some major ones too. 
So it began....... RENOVATION!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment